Business Unit Manager (Turbine Disk)
Location:51 Seletar Aerospace View, Singapore
- Develop strategies, execute goals and objectives to meet all aspects of the control tower including, MFA, safety, employee engagement, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction with emphasis on team building, and lead business unit cost centric performance.
- Lead production cell leaders, and coordinate with manufacturing engineers, and quality engineers, to redefine processes, execute on business requirements and deliver to customer expectations.
- Delegate effectively to develop personnel and balance the workload.
- Establish standards and expectations for work effort and performance for subordinates. Give constant feedback on performance to those standards. Effectively coach employees to improve performance when needed.
- Effectively communicate with other department personnel and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communicate to peers requirements that support processes to ensure smooth production flow.
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability, and other priorities.
- Drive ACE tools for cost-efficient development and execution of programs.
- Ensure that all statutory and Company's regulations and standards relating to the maintenance, preventive maintenance, alteration and inspection of components are complied with and adhered to, and that any such work undertaken by the Company is carried out to approved standards.
- Perform responsibilities in compliance with United Technologies Code of Ethics and International Trade Compliance
- Reporting to the General Manager.
- Perform any other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Science /Bachelor of Administration degree with minimum 10 years of experience required. Degree in a technical discipline preferred. MBA preferred but not required.
- Excellent leadership, communication, problem solving, analytical, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Demonstrate use of continuous improvement, lean manufacturing tools, communication, and organizational skills to achieve results in a cross-functional and international business environment.
- Supervisory experience, but not required.
- Strong operational experience.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams to obtain high levels of performance and to accomplish goals in a dynamic environment.
- Success working experience in a high energy and fast paced manufacturing environment with the ability to adapt to changing business conditions.
- Ability to plan projects and to use written/verbal/analytical/org skills to influence business objectives.
- Highly motivated and self-directed. Able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with strong strategic leadership and business acumen.
- Forward thinking and insure the entire unit is customer focused enabling it to meet the demands of a difficult manufacturing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Able to work in fast paced, matrix reporting organization
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.