Quality Engineer, Russia
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Do you have the experience to join our team? If so, we would love to have you.
Pratt and Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world. We are a worldwide leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have an opportunity for a talented Quality Engineer supporting the NGPF PW1400G program onsite for Irkut at their Podding Facility and Final Assembly Line (FAL) manufacturing site located in Irkutsk, Russia. You will initially support the compliance engine phase of the program into production at the Podding & FAL sites working in conjunction with onsite personnel, Pratt and Whitney Middletown Quality Engineers and P&W Operations by serving as a focal point that works with Engineering, Customer Support, Procurement, and other functional disciplines to drive final delivery of power plants to Irkut. This position requires innovative ways to problem solving, the ability to develop timely action plans for resolution, and to lead implementation of corrective actions to the action plan developed. Strong quality system knowledge, familiarity with SAP System transactions, and the ability to query data from SAP and Solumina database systems is a requirement. This position will require you to work both independently and within team environments. Additional duties will include:
- Provide technical support and maintain a strong working relationship with the UTAS/PWC/PW and Irkut teams.
- Investigate and analyze any hardware/assembly concerns causing Engine Center quality and delivery issues by reviewing procedures, specifications, instructions, processes, and equipment to ensure compliance to applicable drawing, specifications, and standards in an effort to resolve these concerns.
- Resolve proper disposition of nonconforming material when participating in the Material Review Board (MRB) activities.
- Generate, maintain, and provide quality metrics to the P&W Management team and lead quality improvement programs.
- Help to craft and implement standard work for all onsite processes
- Serve as an on-site customer interface for P&W at the Irkut and facility.
- Establish and maintain customer relations and other meaningful functions, with respect to the quality for the PW1400G program as appropriate for the entire propulsion system.
- Serve as a liaison to government and customer representatives for the Quality discipline as needed for this program.
- This position will require you to train in CT for approximately 6 months and then will transfer to Russia.
- 4+ years of experience in engineering, quality, aerospace, and/or manufacturing
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Obtain authorization to work in Russia and relocate for three to five years
- Understand internal and external customer requirements with a high attention to detail in resolving findings
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles or experience with a continuous improvement program (Six Sigma/ACE)
- Ability to interpret engineering technical data and provide direction to multi-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, presentation, planning, problem solving, project management and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) & Federal Air Transport Agency (FATA) regulatory requirements or work experience with government regulatory agencies preferred
- Knowledge of AS9100
- Ability to speak and read Russian a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products
- 3+ yearsEngine Assembly and Test Experience preferred
- Quality management system knowledge and familiarity with quality plan compliance preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.