Operations Supervisor (Alternate work week - Friday, Sat, and Sun)
Country:United States of America
Location:PW205: P&W Amercon - PA 181 Fulling Mill Road, Middletown, PA, 17057 USA
Job Schedule: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday – 6:00 am – 6:00 pm
At Pratt & Whitney, the sky is the limit!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
We are hiring for an Operations Supervisor to support our Friday, Saturday, and Sunday operations!
Amercon has an opening for a technically talented individual who has a true desire to lead and coach in a dynamic operations environment. You will provide supervision to skilled Amercon employees, leading employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts. The individual will adopt the ACE Operating System and lean manufacturing vision to thrive in a team environment with high performance expectations. In addition to daily supervisor responsibilities, project management, effective communication and execution with support group members is critical to success.
Typical duties may include, but not limited to the following:
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability and other priorities.
- Provide leadership and direction for AWW shift employees, with emphasis on standard work execution through effective communications, and in developing an efficient team that is responsive to production requirements and changes.
- Delegate effectively to develop personnel and effectively balance workload.
- Work dedicatedly to address issues and engage the workforce in achieving production goals.
- Demonstrate a 100% dedication to quality EHS and ACE
This position is an Alternate Work Week position with a permanent work schedule of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, from 6:00 am – 6:00 pm.
Education / Certifications
- 3 + years’ experience in manufacturing
- 3 + years’ supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Ability to work with all levels of management and communicate effectively.
- Operations and shop floor experience preferred
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles (e.g. lean manufacturing, ACE, QCPC).
- Ensure employees are adequately trained and work in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Understanding and ability to drive quality and customer happiness through ACE operating system.
- You should be highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to create a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
We’re known for moving the world forward – building machines that run for hours, days and weeks without pause. But, people aren’t machines.
This year, UTC updated the vacation policy to provide more vacation time; P&W offers 15 paid vacation days for new hires (10-19 yrs., 20 days & 20+ yrs., 25 days).
Birth and Parental leave:
As a mother or father you have time off options to consider while caring for and bonding with your child.
UTC offers 8 paid weeks of birth and adoption leave and 4 paid weeks for parental leave.
Employee Scholar Program:
We are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the ESP!
We believe that individual and corporate success is driven by lifelong learning; we enable employees to continue their higher education. We want to have the best-educated workforce on the planet.
ESP is one of the most comprehensive company-sponsored employee education programs in the world. More than 45,000 employees have earned more than 38,000 degrees.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms