Senior Engineering Project Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to be a part of a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empower.
Hot Section Engineering at Pratt & Whitney (P&W) is looking for a self-motivated and disciplined individual to join its team as Project Engineer for Ceramic Matrix Composite (CMC) hardware. The Project Engineer will provide support to a multi-functional Integrated Project Team (IPT) of employees that is accountable for part-level ownership of a Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) task. The IPT is responsible to:
- Provide planning and execution to ensure appropriate decisions and actions necessary to meet the overall program goals.
- Lead many tasks simultaneously, help coordinate a large group, motivate others to share goals and visions and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel at PW and suppliers. This role is a challenging and rewarding career development or broadening opportunity for the right individual looking for a career in Engineering or Program Management. Responsibilities will include:
- Support closure of key design, *Support IPT to ensure on time hardware delivery to support engine test and other technical objectives *Management of IPT related budgets *Participating in Customer interactions *Ensuring task completion to meet key program milestones
Education / Certifications
- BA/BS degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science is required
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science is required.
- 5+ years project engineering, program management or project engineer experience
- US Citizenship due to government contracts.
- Ceramic Matrix Composites experience/knowledge.
- Experience working in an environment where standard work is not fully defined Ability to develop a plan, convince the leadership of that plan and see it through to completion.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working across functions and disciplines.
- Familiarity with composite material.
- Experience with new technology.
Final Grade/Level of the position will depend on Qualifications and Experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.