Quality Digital Systems Discipline Chief
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
We are looking for a dynamic Digital Quality Systems Discipline Chief in East Hartford, CT. In this role, you will be responsible for the discipline health of quality information systems, which includes writing and maintaining standard work and improving the technical proficiency of its practitioners. This position draws on the Quality systems body of knowledge as the basis for proficiency and works with all Quality sub-disciplines to apply it to P&W IT systems and applications. .
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading organization in ensuring product and process compliance by providing guidance and direction with regards to quality information systems and requirements
- Working closely with PWA broad customer base including Mod Centers, Operations Quality, Supplier Quality and others
- Work closely with other Quality discipline fellows for integration of information technology systems within the standard work
- Effectively communicate project status and process improvements to Leadership
- Drive product and process improvements that ensure quality metric reporting goals are met (Escapes, Scrap, Rework and Process Cert)
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement through the use of ACE tools to implement change that sustains ACE Gold performance
- Lead the implementation of new technologies that achieve process, reliability and productivity improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, quality, and/or aerospace OR Master’s Degree and 10+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, quality, and/or aerospace
- 5+ years of experience with Solumina and/or SAP
- Organization/project management, leadership skills to motivate, develop & positively encourage your team
- Superior Interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- High degree of computer literacy
- Detail oriented, data driven, and excellent decision making skills
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms